Ladimax Women’s Wisdom:
Leaving Your Life To LIVE!
Have you ever experienced a time in your life where every, single aspect of it was in flux? Every part of it was changing? Where you woke up one day, where you lived, where you worked, the car you drove and the relationships you had, had changed? It was like the universe said, ‘We are taking all of the comfortable parts of your life, but leaving you.’
Yep. That happened to me. On this day, one year ago, the final thread was pulled on personal and professional relationships that had been unraveling for months.
You may be asking yourself, “Why is Nicole, who specializes in transforming women’s bodies, talking about this?
Because this is life and as much as I like to talk about the good in people’s lives, I believe that every experience is one to be learned from, and not just those in the gym.
I know I’m not alone; people deal with change everyday. But what do you do when all of it happens over a course of a few days or weeks?
Here are the 9 Life Lessons I learned, how I not only survived but thrived and how you can too.
- REALIZE PERCEPTION vs. REALITY: Some people prefer to create their own story rather than accept the real one; others, even after having the true story, still create their own. You cannot help those people so let them live in their fantasy world. Be comfortable with knowing the real story and comfortable that they do not.
- PROTECT YOURSELF! Don’t get sucked into a loved one’s madness; you cannot allow someone struggling with their own insecurity, to cloud your judgement or impact your self-esteem. Protect yourself; leaving belongings behind is a small price to pay for your sanity.
- BE READY! Both feet must be solidly planted in reality, both good and bad. Once you know what’s real you can prepare for the eventual storm and know this; it comes for all of us. I was unsure of where I was going to end up but I knew that I would never look back. I knew without question that what was ahead was better than the darkness I left behind.
- YOUR STRENGTH WILL ONLY COME FROM YOUR STRUGGLE: You will never know how strong you are until you are tested. That is not a pleasant thing either. But I can tell you, from my own experience, your fortitude will surprise you. Watch.
- THE GRASS WILL NOT BE GREENER UNLESS YOU PLANT THE SEEDS YOURSELF! Wanting something but doing it halfway leaves much undone; you must put in the work. The problem is not everyone is up for that type of challenge. And that’s okay. But admit that you aren’t instead of wasting valuable time trying to convince others that you are. I spent far too many precious hours trying to help someone build a business who did not have an entrepreneurial spirit. I won’t do that again.
- HAVE A PLAN B: And a plan C! Prepare for even the unknowns unknown. You will never have it all figured out. Ever.
- KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOOD ACQUAINTANCES AND TRUE FRIENDS: Now is where you find out that your friend of 30 years was really just someone you knew for a long time.
- PREPARE. PICK-UP, RESET… REPEAT: Understand where you are and create a way to get to where you want to be. Don’t think you will do this once and be on easy street. Nope. You will be making decisions at every turn and it will be constant so get ready.
- LOSING DOESN’T MAKE YOU A LOSER! How will you know what works unless you know what doesn’t? I’ve always viewed losing as a lesson in what not to do next time. In other words, I learned from my losses, which means, I won.
My takeaway is this: No matter how bad your situation gets, you will ALWAYS get through it. And it will look and feel different on the other side because you will be different. You will get stronger each day and before you know it, you will have found your new normal. And it will be better than you thought it could be.
Trust me. This I know.